The Seaboard Sentinels
Seaboard City is a shining beacon of progress and rapid development, even on the already hypermodern West Coast, and this prosperity is safeguarded by one of the World’s premier superhero teams – the Seaboard Sentinels. A successor team to the Seaboard Guardian Guild, the Sentinels find themselves frequently called to deal with major threats around the globe; but always maintain standing members to protect their hometown against any danger.
- Gamma Man – Arguably the strongest hero in the world today, Gamma Man is possessed of flight, super strength, near invulnerability and the ability to fire “Gamma Blasts” from his fists. Wearing a suit designed by his longtime teammate Iron Maiden that boosts his powers even further, Gamma Man is completely devoted to using his unbelievable powers for the betterment of all.
- Jenny Rocket – Descended from 1940’s super speedster Johnny Rocket, Jenny is amongst the fastest parahumans and is the ‘quick response’ member of the Sentinels whenever a crisis arises. Cheerful and witty, she is also tremendously popular with the media.
- Iron Maiden – Heather Eisenhart was a researcher for Hyperion Dynamics when the prototype powered armor suit she was building was stolen by a soon-to-be supervillian. Arming herself with an unstable nano-constucted suit, Heather defeated the villain but found herself trapped permanently within her own armor. Unwilling to despair, she now serves Seaboard City, and the world, as the armored hero known as The Iron Maiden.
- Aikidoza – A marital arts student who discovered how to focus his inner energy – his Ki – to incredible levels, the Aikidoza now utilizes his awesome talents to protect the peace. Bulletproof and able to shatter titanium with his grip, the Aikidoza universally prefers peaceful and ‘soft’ conclusions to combat.
- Brigade – Journalist-Turned-Superhero when his mutant talent activated, Brigade is able to replicate himself nigh infinitely; bringing tremendous unified manpower to bear against those who would endanger his precious city.
- Dusk – A longtime friend of Jenny Rocket’s, Dusk is a powerful darkness controller. She’s rarely in the public eye, preferring to operate mostly in her element, and acting as the team’s support in combat – tripping enemies, blinding them, or binding criminals in inky black bonds of solidified shadow. Rumors that Dusk is a powerful occultist in league with demons circulate from time to time, but have been entirely unsubstantiated.
- Ace – A non-powered crimefighter, Ace makes up for his lack of superpowers with tremendous acrobatic physicality, a sharp analytic mind, a true gift for probability calculations and a wide array of card-themed gadgets.